Our vegetable market is open to the public 7 days a week May-November. We are easily accessible, right off Route 15 in Lucketts 7 miles north of Leesburg
Loudounberry takes great pride in our produce. In season, we are visiting local farms in Virginia, Maryland, and PA on a daily basis, picking up the freshest vegetables possible. In addition to supporting local farms, this provides a venue where customers can be exposed to produce from several different farms in one location.
Our produce market aims to offer convenient shopping in a classic farm stand atmosphere. All of our produce is guaranteed to satisfy; if you do have a problem, please let us know and we’ll gladly make good for it.
- In June, we carry luscious locally grown strawberries. Blueberries follow soon after.
- Tomatoes are always in high demand! We carry a large selection ranging in size from large beefsteak types perfect for slicing on a sandwich to super sweet cherries. Plum tomatoes are available as well as assorted heirlooms that are sure to have old fashioned flavor. Utility tomatoes for making sauce are also available.
- One of the staples of summer is our local sweet corn. Our corn with the sugary melt in your mouth tenderness that is not to be missed.
- Some other locally grown favorites include yellow squash and zucchini, eggplant, cucumbers, peppers, and beans.
- In the Spring and Summer we feature fruit grown locally. Some standouts are sweet and juicy peaches, plums, grapes, and cherries.
- Melon makes a wonderful dessert when the weather gets hot. Watermelons, cantaloupe, and honeydew melons are available.
- In the Fall we feature a large assortment of local apples well suited for eating and/or baking, available by the pound or in occasionally in 1/2 peck bags.
- When the weather cools down we have a large variety of fall squash including traditional acorn and butternut plus other unique varieties.
- Potatoes and onions can be purchased individually or in 10lb. bags, whatever fits your need.